About Me

My photo
Kent, WA, United States
I am a 26 Year old wife and mother. I have been married to my husband for 6 years and we have 2 lovely daughters together. Currently I am a stay-at-home parent trying to improve my homemakeing skills.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

All about me and why I'm starting a blog

So.....I suppose I should start by introducing myself and what I plan to blog about. I am currently a stay-at-home mother and wife....wait a minute.....that sounds a tad bit boring right? WRONG! Being a stay at home parent is a lot more exciting and harder than you might think. Of course no one realises that (Not even me) until you are already in too deep. I'm not saying that staying home is terrible, however its not for everyone. To date I have been home for 4 years (with 2 part time jobs and 9 months of schooling mixed in there somewhere). My house is still a desaster area, I dont do a ton of cooking, and my 2 young children (and myself) are still not on any kind of schedule. Hense the reason for the beginning of this blog.

Most of my day right now is spent recovering from the previous night of staying up late with my 15 month old instead of cleaning like I should be doing. Does she sleep through the night (You might be asking yourself)? The answer is yes she does....the problem is getting her to go to sleep. Around 1 or 2 in the morning when she is finally asleep, I'm wide awake because I'm finally alone. If that sounds like an excuse to be a poor houskeeper....IT IS. I happen to be one of the best excuse makers I have ever met. I am planning on stopping that now. I need to start holding myself accountable and start living by the example I should be setting, instead of just dreaming of it. So whats the big question here then......

WHERE DO I START?!

After many failed attempts to become a better stay-at-home parent I have come to the realization that I never had any accountability. This is where my (hopefull) readers will come to play a part in my life. Beginning tomorrow I am going to start following some tips I read on http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ about bugeting my time. For the next 3 weeks I am going to begin by stating a morning routine. Which is one of the tips from http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
 "I’d encourage you to begin by writing down five things you want to do in the same order every morning and commit to getting up and doing these first thing every morning for three weeks."


My morning routine will look like this to start with:

1. Wake up (6am)/make coffe/watch some news (I need some time to myself durring the day)
2. Put a load of laundry in the Washer/Excercise(I need to take control of my laundry pile and lose the baby weight still)
3. Shower/Dress/Make bed
4. Wake up my girls and make Breakfast
5. Clean up Breakfast dishes

In the course of these next 3 weeks I'm sure there will be days that I dont feel like getting up, or working out, or doing dishes...However, I will still get up, and work out, AND do the dishes. I am hoping that if I can stick with this plan I will be the organized mom I have always wanted to be. I may not end up perfect, but I can still try to do my best. Starting tomorrow I will beging creating the new me. Any and all tips and polite constructive critisim is welcome. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0